Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Confetti Wedding

FINALLY! I actually followed through on something I 'pinned' on Pinterest! I saw a card with this general idea on Pinterest. If you are new to my blog you probably won't know that making wedding cards is not a favorite past time for me. In reality it strikes fear into me! Well fear or not I found myself needing a wedding card for two of 'my' former students. I was honored to receive the invitation and even though I rarely use cards I make I decided I would make an exception! Here's to Jordon and Becca!

When making a wedding card - I tend to go for the non-traditional cards. Previous posts with wedding topics: Wedding Weeds; Channeling My Muse; With This Ring; Frued and a Cup of Java; Magic and Marriage; Even I Can Use an Apron; and one of my favorites - He, She, and Nerves of Steal.

So is it fun or disturbing to click back through old posts? I think it is fun but WOW...I have moments of "oh I really liked that card"; "I wonder what ever happened to that card"; "what was I thinking when I made that atrocity and why did I ever post it".....


Confetti Celebration
~Base card Papertrey Ink Royal Velvet card stock
~Layer of white card stock
~Laser printed sentiment Janda Celebration font (free) from DaFont
~Lots of punches circles
~Vellum envelope made with envelope punch
Challenges | Inspirations
A Girl Who Crafts - anything goes
Lia Stampz - no pattern paper
Crafty Sentiments - no pattern paper
Cosmic Colours - color challenge

Here's to college sweethearts, weddings, and clicking 'older posts' over and over!

8 comments:

  1. Nancy, this is sensational!!!!! Perfect for a wedding card too. That's what weddings should be - FUN!

    Oh, and congrats on your win at Tuesday Throwdown too!!!

    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhhh i really like this
    its like all the colours has exploded from the envoloup and its very cute
    agirlwhocrafts

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Nancy, Love the card, the confetti bursting out of the little envelope is great idea! I know what you mean about making wedding cards, I'm not such a big fan either. Thank you for playing along with the Cosmic Colours Challenge. Colette xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Great card, Nancy! It's wonderful! Thanks for joining us at Lia Stampz! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a fun and quirky wedding card Nancy - I love it! Thanks for sharing with us at Crafty Sentiments, Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fab idea Nancy having confetti bursting out of an envelope !! A lovely wedding card !! Thanks for playing at Crafty Sentiments Designs !!

    hugs Diane xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. cute idea! Thanks for sharing your creation over at Lia Stampz

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi just a little note to say - you have won the latest challenge so come and check out my blog for more details on how to claim your prize!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a note. Each is read and appreciated.